Blog Session 7: What I hate about the profession

Hi

So, continuing with the topics that i don't enjoy, i'm going to talk about what i hate about journalism. 

First of all, i have to be honest, at this point i don't like journalism at all. It takes your life away and working become in all you do. But i don't want to be a hater in my own blog, so i'm just going to talk about the two things i hate the most. 

One is having almost nothing under your control. You almost always depend on other people, for giving you interviews or telling you the information you need. If someone doesn't want to talk to you, there's not much you can do about that, of course you can call them a lot and send email until they move you to spam, you can work very hard for them to talk to you, but in the end they have the last word. And, at least  in university, it's always us, the journalists, who are being blamed for not getting the source when we can't force someone to talk to us. 

Another thing that i don't like is that if you work in a mass media you don't have time for nothing else that is not working. You come early to your job and never leave at the time you should, it's like you give your life to the news and you're not even being paid well for what you're doing.  What i hate most about this, is that people have romanticized this problem and made it seem like something normal, like of course it's like that, what have you expected?  

I think we all have the responsibility to solve this. From teachers in university that tell you that you're never going to get a decent salary and that you'll have to work almost 24/7, to editors and bosses that expect you to live for your work. Journalist should be respected like any other professional. 




Comentarios

  1. I've heard so many teachers here that said like "that's jorunalism, deal with it" like if loosing your own life would be fine just for being a journalist. I really hate it

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I agree that in this profession, the pressure is romanticized.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. That is one of the reasons I will not work in mass media hahahha I want time!!

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares